An ionizer air purifier generates and discharges electrons to capture particulate matter from air. This method of cleaning air essentially utilizes the power of voltage surging through the device and applies it to a series of needles. These needles are then able to create electrons that are then discharged into the air. The electrons attach themselves to air molecules, forming negative ions.
These negative ions then attach themselves to dust particles, pollens, smoke from cigarettes, and even pet dander. The larger the particles, the easier it is for the negative ions to attach themselves to them, allowing them to descend to the floor where they can be cleaned by a vacuum later on.
However, when using an ionizer air purifer at times many particles attach to other surfaces with a positive charge, like walls, widows, or other structures found in the room. This is because negative ions are attracted to positive charges naturally, which translates to cleaning the room which might requiring frequent dusting.
Benefits of Negative Ions
The most notable benefits of breathing in negative ions include:
- They are able to increase your sense of well being by removing positive ions from your environment, hence working potentially as natural anti-depressants.
- They are proven to strike the air clean of dust particles, dander form pets, airborne pollens and spores form molds.
- Even viruses and bacteria counts indoors are effectively reduced by negative ions.
- Aids in the functioning of respiratory tract and protect your lungs from inflammation and irritation. Hence they are able to decrease the instances of reparatory illnesses like colds, flu, and even asthma and hay-fever.
- Their relaxing effect has been reported by many to revitalize normal breathing, blood pressure and provide effective relief from tensions.
- Negative ions absorbed directly in the bloodstream help in combating harmful radicals that travel freely within our bodies.
- Studies have shown that negative ions are an effective antidepressant in the treatment of patients suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).
- The University of California has provided results for a research showing that negative ions are able to improve focus and energy levels by normalizing serotonin levels found in the human brain.
- French studies have also found that negative ions are also able to provide a better and sound sleep through the positive effects of normalizing the production of serotonin in the brain.
- The Norwich Union company has stated that negative ions are also able to cure 78% of sickness and headaches related to working on computer and electronic equipments.
Though there is no doubt that ionizer air purifier is able to make our indoor air quality clean and healthy, their effectiveness is much lower compared to other available technology. Hence, it is advised to choose those ionizer air purifier that come equipped with other technologies like HEPA, UV, and activated carbon filters, among others.
The author does not allow comments to this entry