Here are 10 simple things you can do to make sure that the locksmith you select is trustworthy, qualified and reputable:
1. See if they have a physical address. This is important. It is estimated that about 92 % of the locksmiths that appear in online search engine maps do not really exist! Call around and request their retail location, if they cannot provide you one, do not offer them your business.
2. Ask if they belong to the Associated Locksmiths of America. This association is the best method for a locksmith to become certified. The locksmith must have the ability to provide you their accreditation.
3. Request a quote over the phone. Genuine locksmiths in Atlantaought to have the ability to provide you a precise rate over the phone. The locksmith trade is very basic and rates do not differ typically. If the rate over the phone sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
4. Do they drive a business car? Locksmiths need many tools and parts to do their job properly, so they will certainly drive something big enough to accommodate all of the tools of their trade. If they appear in a small vehicle, holding a drill, ask them to leave, as they are simply going to drill your locks and make you spend a lot.ost you a lot of money!
5. Do not let anybody persuade you that your locks are high security. Few homes around Atlanta have REAL high security locks on their doors. If the locksmith says that your locks are high security and he needs to drill them, he is most likely not telling you the truth. Drilling your locks is a last option, and a genuine locksmith will certainly attempt a number of other options before he drills.
6. Check their branding. An expert locksmith needs a uniform, an industrial branded vehicle and some form of I.D or company card. If they can not supply any of these things, look out!
7. Searching for something "bump resistant locks?" Get all the truths initially. Yes "bumping" does exist and it most definitely can be avoided. Right here at 24 Hour Locksmith Pros, we make use of a high security cylinder called primus. Do not be tricked by somebody asserting that a lock is bump resistant, ask how it works and why it's bump resistant. Most locksmiths will willingly describe how it works and it's not as complicated as you may believe!
8. Inquire about Master Key Systems. A masterkey system can prevent a great deal of trouble and it's not expensive. Instead of having several keys for numerous doors, it is possible to have one key fit everything, while each door has it's own individual key.
9. Take note of how your call is addressed. If your call is addressed with a boring "locksmith" and absolutely nothing more, hang up! They must at a minimum use their business name when answering the phone.
10. Get informed. Unscrupulous locksmiths are a countrywide issue and countless individuals similar to you have actually been ripped off. This is a huge scale issue and it's not disappearing any time soon. When it comes to the security of you company or house you need a real specialist who will see to it you are genuinely safe. Do not underestimate how vital your locks are.
The author does not allow comments to this entry